What can I claim?

You can claim mileage on a weekly basis to offset against your payments; this must be for journeys incurred wholly, necessarily and exclusively in the course of your assignment duties. Any other expenses can be submitted directly to HMRC at the end of the tax year for submission via a self-assessment.