This is the certificate given to an employee at the end of a period of employment, providing details of their tax code, and the tax paid for that year, to be passed to a subsequent employer or benefit agency. If you do not have a P45 we can provide you with a P46 which will be sent to the HMRC in order to allocate your personal tax code.