An umbrella company is a business that employs professional contractors carrying out short-term assignments for recruitment agencies and / or end clients.
The umbrella company makes your Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and National Insurance deductions for you, ensuring that you pay the right amount of tax.
Using an umbrella service gives you legal employee status and handles all the paperwork. It’s the simplest solution for most contractors, with no unexpected tax bills.
What can Simplify do for me?
- Sign you up quickly as an employee with no hassle
- Provide friendly, honest & straight-forward advice throughout your employment
- Provide digital contracts, payslips & regular updates ridding you of paperwork
- Pay you weekly, on time every time
- Send regular SMS text messages advising your Net Take Home Pay
What does being an employee mean to me?
- Your Tax & NI calculations are deducted and paid to HMRC on your behalf
- You are able to claim legitimate business expenses, subject to tests, to maximise your take-home pay
- You qualify for Statutory employment benefits such as SSP, SMP & SPP
- You receive Statutory Holiday Pay
- You are fully insured by our Employers’ Liability Insurance and also Professional Indemnity Insurance
- You are automatically enrolled into an approved pension scheme
Other additional benefits:
Click here to see ‘Your Contractor Journey’